auto news desk,Hyundai Motor has launched the new Verna in India. We spent some time with the new sedan and compared it with the current Verna and feel that the company has updated its styling theme to double the sales. Today we are going to tell you five main things about it.
1. The new Verna is much bigger than before and it looks like a high segment premium car with premium looks. It looks like a four-door coupe with a swoopy styled roofline. Its front-end design grabs the most attention. The new Verna looks quite bold and radical while it looks quite futuristic with a muscular design following the same theme with the addition of DRLs and tail-lamps. The strong character lines and sleek profile on the side are also the center of attraction. We really liked the turbo black wheels and red brake calipers.
2. Major changes have been made to its interior. The new Verna competes with expensive cars in terms of features. It gets a new two-spoke steering wheel with haptic feedback buttons with a unique design. The soft touch materials and dashboard design have been given a very high quality and premium quality. The turbo engined variant gets a black cabin with red accents, giving it a sportier look while the beige color has been kept as standard for the standard petrol trim.
3. Compared to the old Verna, its wheelbase has been increased, which is 2,670 mm. This means there is more space inside as well. The rear seats are spacious and headroom is good for tall people despite the sloping roofline. The rear seats are extremely comfortable for two passengers.
4. The new Verna is equipped with many features. Chief among which is a sleek layout with the new 10.25-inch screen, below it you get the climate controls and switchable control layout for the infotainment. Along with powered driver seat as well as heated / cooled seat cooled glovebox, 64 color ambient lighting, leather upholstery, rear curtain, smart trunk, sunroof, paddle shifters, level 2 ADAS safety system with connected car tech has been given.
5. The 1.5L petrol engine in the new Verna generates 115bhp power, which is capable of delivering 19.6kmpl with CVT transmission and 18.6kmpl with 6-speed manual. The new 1.5L turbo petrol engine outputs 160bhp and 253Nm and returns a fuel efficiency of 20.6km/l and 20km/l respectively with 7-speed DCT and 6-speed manual.