auto news desk, Along with the sales of car companies in March, the sales figures for the financial year 2023 have also come to the fore. Major automakers – Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai and Tata Motors registered their best ever domestic wholesale sales in FY 2022-23. Due to this, the domestic passenger vehicle industry has achieved the best ever performance. Maruti Suzuki at number one, Hyundai at number two and Tata Motors at number three. Let’s know which company sold how many cars.
1. Maruti Suzuki India, the country’s largest carmaker, recorded its highest ever sales of 19,66,164 units in 2022-23, a growth of 19 percent, while the figure for FY 2021-22 is 16,52,653 units. Was. In the ended financial year, Maruti wholesaled 17,06,831 units in the domestic market, up 21 per cent from the 2021-22 figure of 14,14,277 units.
2. Hyundai Motor India said that its total sales in FY 2022-23 stood at 7,20,565 units, up 18 percent from 6,10,760 units in 2021-22. According to the company, this is its highest sales figure in a financial year after starting operations in India. The company shipped 5,67,546 units to sellers domestically in 2022-23, up 18 per cent from 4,81,500 units shipped in 2021-22.
3. Tata Motors’ total domestic sales during FY 2022-23 stood at 9,31,957 units, up 35 percent from 6,92,554 units in FY 2021-22. Tata Motors’ passenger vehicle sales grew 45 per cent to an all-time high of 5,38,640 units from 3,70,372 units in this fiscal.
4. Kia India sold 2,69,229 units in FY 2022-23, an increase of 44 per cent, while in 2021-22 the company sold 1,86,787 units. In the January-March 2023 quarter, the company had the highest ever share of 7.4 per cent in the auto industry sector.
5. Toyota Kirloskar Motor’s wholesale sales increased by 41 percent to 1,74,015 units in FY 2022-23 while it sold 1,23,770 units in FY 2021-22.
6. Honda Cars India’s wholesale sales in the domestic market to grow by seven percent to 91,418 units in 2022-23, as against 85,609 units in 2021-22.